About as basic a topic as there is: nothing but salads and salad dressings. I got the entire series when it first came out and and found these little one-topic books are very handy. How to Make Salad contains different salads (green and leafy salads, veggie salads, bean salads, potato salads, and main course salads).
My favorite recipe is the one for classic vinaigrette. Here is an adapted version below.
Classic Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- How to Make Salad: An Illustrated Step-by-Step Guide to Perfect Salads and Dressings; by The Cook's Illustrated Library, Series Editor Jack Bishop
- Boston Common Press; 1998
- ISBN: 0936184248
- Hardcover, 96 pages
The Cookbook Papers